Anushka Sharma also commented on recent comments on his boyfriend cricketer Virat Kohli. Anushka said: “It’s primitive to call me his distraction and blame me for his performance."
Summary of the interview is given below:
Following are the highlights of the interview:
· Why should we have to be scared of the censor board
· Censor board is infringing on creative liberty
· I am afraid censor board's restrictions will affect originality of cinema
· It's scary that one person can decide the fate of our films
· Why censor brutality & abuses? We are depicting reality which is far worse
· It's been very frustrating to reason with this censor board
· We have complained to Information and Broadcasting Ministry against interference by censor board
· Why not have a wider ratings system instead of censor board?
· Level of intolerance in censor board very scary; it's narrowing the creative world
· Why the hypocrisy of allowing double-meaning dialogues and not uncomfortable reality?
On Women in the Film Industry
· Disparity in pay of actors and actresses is reflective of how society is
· Film industry definitely an unequal world for women
· Scrutiny on me for lip enhancement; would they have asked a man the same?
· Why is the race to number one position only for actresses, not actors?
· Women's looks given more importance than their work
On Virat Kohli
· Primitive to call me his distraction
· Why should I be held responsible for Virat's performance on the field?
· Virat has no impact on my professional performance and I don't have on his
· Why doubt Virat's capability? Give him credit for what he has achieved